Thursday, December 15, 2011

Family Poem...


Luke has been working on a project about "his family" for school for a few weeks now.  He could choose from a long list of things to do.  He made a family crest, a family tree, provided a waffle recipe that has been passed down from his great-grandmother (and this morning I went to school and shared some fresh waffles with the kiddos) and wrote a poem that cracked me up....

Hunter, is my family name
From all around Europe, we all came.
Back to Europe we went,
4 and 1/2 years we've spent.
We came here a church to start,
Our home is in the city's heart
German, a language I not yet knew,
Schnitzel and Sachertorte learned to chew.

I've been to 4 different schools, 
But everywhere they think I'm cool :)

(and yes, he is just like his mom and put a smiley face at the end of his poem!)



No comments: