Monday, May 03, 2010

Big Accomplishment..

Levi is a homebody. He loves to just be at home...and I have really enjoyed our "just the two of us" time.

After a rough beginning at this new school, we decided that it would be best for his days to be fairly short, with him coming home at 12. This has really worked well, but he is six, and even though he won't begin "real" school until next year, we thought we should lengthen his days a little now to prepare him for next year, when he will go until 3.

We started last week, by having him stay and eat lunch. I would pick him up at 1. He did great, so we asked him if he wanted to start staying until 3 with many of his classmates. Surprisingly, he said yes!

Today was his first day and he did fantastic! We are so encouraged by his big accomplishment~ the only problem is, that it means my "baby" is turning into a big boy!

Here is where he places his shoes...

this is where he hangs his backpack...


this is his classroom...


and here is my BIG boy!

2 comments:

Mary Porter said...

LEVI! My homebody Hummer...I'm so proud of you! I miss not talking to you during my morning routine ..
I love you! MeMoo :)

Shannon said...

Sniffle, sniffle...