Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gettin in the Groove...

I am finally getting in the Thanksgiving groove. I have my turkey thawing, my homemade cranberry sauce is chilling, my pumpkin squares are baking and the snow is lightly falling as I look outside my kitchen window. So much to be thankful for...

Last year we made a list of many of the things we were thankful for. A few more silly things I would add this year to the list would be:

~ the "widgets" application on my Mac. It seems that everyday I need to convert something.

~ canned pumpkin and canned sweet potatoes (sent with love from a friend in the States)...my Austrian friends laugh, but it sure makes life so much easier when you don't have to boil, peel, mash etc... instead just OPEN the can!

and a few more serious things to add:
~ our teammates packed their container yesterday and they will be here in time for Christmas!

~ and what a difference a year makes! We are so much more settled, I know where to find things, who to ask and now that we have a car...drive to bigger and better stores that have things like a turkey and fresh cranberries.
-----------------------------------------------------
And speaking of "gettin in the groove"...

Tonight Brad and I begin our first dance class. Remember last year when our neighbors asked us to go to a ball with them and we went...only to look like complete idiots on the dancefloor!!! Well no more.

We were talking with some other friends...who also say they don't know how to dance (we'll soon see if they were lying) and we decided we would take lessons together...stay tuned for more updates on the dancing saga!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ya got to MOVE it; ya got to MOVE it, MOVE it! Can't believe you're finally taking lessons!

Shannon said...

How did it go? :)