Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A normal day is good...

I thought we all would be reeling a bit after saying goodbye to the Glam Grams, but so far everyone is having a "normal day". It has felt good to regroup, organize, do laundry, go get groceries, run a few errands and get some routine back.

This morning I received a call from one of my neighbors asking we if could bring her son home from kindergarten, as she was out and running late. A few minutes later I got a call from my other neighbor asking if we could watch her kids for her tomorrow, as she has a meeting. One of the moms from Abby's class called a few days ago to plan a day at the zoo together and tomorrow night we are headed out for a (pretty infrequent) date night with friends. We are building a little community with those who God has brought our way.

It feels good.
Normal.
As though we are becoming a part of "here".

I know it has been a year since we moved to Vienna, and for the most part our transition overseas has been smooth, but there are still many times throughout the day that I feel I am not a part...different on more than one level.

I am sure the days of feeling insecure with my language ability or just not feeling a "part" are bound to come again...maybe even tomorrow. But today my heart overflows as I answer my phone and am able to drive to where I need to go to without asking Brad to take me there!

Today has felt like a "normal day", and a normal day is good.

3 comments:

Mary Porter said...

I'm glad to hear things are back to "normal". Nothing like a clean house without all of MeMoo's "crap" around! :)

Brad & Stacey said...

Hey now! I'll take your "crap" anyday!:)

Hope you are regrouping too!

I love you mom!

Kim said...

A Normal girl has a normal day...that's great! I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet. I'll try to catch you tomorrow. love you! :) Kim