Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer Entertainment

It's raining. Which means no park today. Vienna has great parks and usually our afternoons are spent playing at one. Instead, today we are crafting.I practically brought enough supplies to open a craft store-but I am so glad I did, because there are not an abundance of stores like these

Oh how I miss those aisles of colored cotton balls and cheesy seasonal decorations...

ok-back to what is keeping our kiddos entertained this summer...


1. Investing in our friends we made at school this year. Here is Abby at the zoo, walking hand and hand with her buddies..

2. This is Levi's favorite website.

3. Even though our friend/teammate, Jodie pretended she was blind as a result of this show, it hasn't stopped us from watching countless epidodes of Little House on the Prairie.

4. As a family we have started reading "The Star of Kazan" before bed. It is set in Vienna-and
everytime Brad or I read the word "Vienna"-everyone cheers! Yes, it doesn't take much to entertain us :)

5. We do try to provide some structure...with lists that kids have to complete daily (some days we get more done than others)

6. Play-Doh parties with the neighbors...

7. Fussball! Luke heads to camp for a few days next week-but anytime he gets a chance, he is playing. These are his really cool new shoes. (he now wears the same size as me!)

8.Last week we checked this place out. It has the fastest waterslide I have ever been on, and gave the biggest water wedgies ever!

9. Helping in the kitchen... (yes, we tried to make a cherry pie from scratch...way more work than it is worth!)


10. Dressing-up is still fun for even our oldest rugrat...
May they never grow up...

5 comments:

Alisha said...

I was just thinking about Joann's earlier today! It sounds like you're having a good summer despite the rain.

Mary Porter said...

I love the kids imagination! Very creative and talented children!
Love ya!
MeMoo :)

Amy Ross said...

Oh, but they ARE growing up... I just can't believe how BIG they are getting... I still have them in my mind as little Hunter kids...

Mary Porter said...

Oh BUT....children grow up before our eyes and ala ca zam! they are adults!

Unknown said...

Levi & Worthy have the same favorite website!