Saturday, March 07, 2009

Grace in small things...Part 2

There are lots of little things to be thankful for everyday, I just usually don't have the time to keep up with blogging about all of them. Here is my second attempt to find "grace in small things".

1. It seems as though every time we have a visitor it takes a week or two to get our routine back. Not a complaint, just a fact. So, basically this week we were trying to get back in the groove of life. That "groove" this week also involved cleaning, purging and organizing. Thankfully, I have a helper when it comes to organizing! Here is Abby going through the markers and purging those that didn't work anymore.
2. Many of our friends sent American goodies with my mom when she came, and also back with Brad. We have enjoyed brownies from a box and Cracker Barrel pancake mix just to name a few things. The kiddos have also really enjoyed their new hats from Jason and Shannon! A big thank you to EVERYONE who sent goodies!
3. The organizer also was busy learning how to blow bubbles this week.
4. This afternoon we shared a true "Austrian" meal with friends...complete with yummy Suppe, Schweinsbraten, Kraut and Knödel.
5. And last but not least, we did get to see the sun this week. Only for a few short times, but it gave us hope that Spring is on it's way.

2 comments:

WongersCGRN said...

Hi -

I came across your blog when I googled Americans in Vienna. It has been wonderful to read how your family has adjusted to the move. Our family will be moving to Vienna this summer and I was wondering if you would take the time to share with me your childrens' experience at their school(s). Are they at one of the Vienna Bilingual Schools? We have a rising 2nd grader and 4th grader. None of us (me, my husband or the kids) have any German language skills and I'm worried about sending them to an Austrian school and not being able to be connected to the school due to my inability to communicate in German (for example, many of the VBS websites are in German only). I am sure you are extremely busy, but if you could take a moment to shed some light on VBS or other school options, I'd appreciate it.

Brad & Stacey said...

Hi! We have had all sorts of experiences and I'd be happy to share with you. Could you send me a note letting me know a little more of your story and why you are moving to Vienna?
My e-mail is viennahunters@gmail.com.

Looking forward to talking. :)