Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pizza Hut, the hunt continues



So for those of you who read my post about our failed attempt to find a Pizza Hut in Bratislava...
I told the story to our Austrian friend Tabea, who in turn said, "Why don't you just go to the Pizza Hut here in Vienna?"  
I replied, "What?  You're kidding!?"

So she told me the address, and I looked it up on the internet, and the kids and I headed there last night, only to find that there IS NO Pizza Hut at that location anymore.  After canvassing the area, I did find a typical pizza and kebap stand (kind of like gyros), and noticed that their pizza slices looked strangely like Pizza Hut pan pizza.  They confirmed that though the owner cancelled his Pizza Hut franchise,  he still buys all the ingredients from Pizza Hut.   

All of this is to say that we enjoyed the closest thing we are going to get to Pizza Hut here in Vienna, and enjoyed it so much that I had a leftover slice for breakfast!

3 comments:

domandkat said...

Eureka?!?!?

Glad to hear you sort of hit the jackpot in the Pizza Hut hunt. Hopefully, if the guy doesn't own the franchise anymore, he doesn't charge the prices either. But that's just hoping!

Unknown said...

And, did you read the sign?
It reads "Pizza HUH"
huh?? huh??

Brad & Stacey said...

yes, Mom, I read the sign. This is not the actual place we went. It's a faux Pizza Hut from China that I cut and pasted in here. :)