Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas card creativity!

It's that time of year again! Writing the annual Christmas letter. I had no idea how important this tradition was in Brad's family when I first married him. Little did I know that his mom had been creating the most fabulous Christmas cards for over 40 years! (can't remember the number in the series Neena, sorry) Brad has certainly wanted to carry this tradition on in our family, and we usually have a fun time reminiscing about the years events and writing about them in our letter. In the past we have been known to rhyme our letter, put it to song lyrics, and we have even attempted a limerick. We try to mix it up and get creative. Last year we did a little "scavenger hunt" in our photo. I think I got the idea from Family Fun.

So much has happened this year, that it is difficult to know where to begin. Any ideas to spur me on?

I WILL write a shameless plea to all of you reading this, that I LOVE TO GET CHRISTMAS LETTERS AND PHOTOS OF YOUR FAMILIES!
Please don't let us moving overseas keep you from sending them to us. I will gladly give you our address if you need it, just e-mail me.

Also, if you go to St. Andrews, our home church, there will be a box at the back of the church where you can put your card in and it will be sent for you! How easy is that! So please, send me your cards, letters and photos!
Ok, I'm done begging!

I'll leave you with one of my favorites.
I think this is one of Neena's most creative...even super-imposing camels in the backround!


How do you like Abby as an angel? Or Levi as baby Jesus? I don't know which is harder to believe!:)

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love that card! I have been pondering our letter too. I didn't do one last year, so I thought I'd throw one in this year. Can't wait to see yours! love,kim

Unknown said...

Hey! Whatta ya mean "superimposed"? Those camels live right down the street. Pops named the first one "Humpy." Then came "Esau" the hairy one, and finally, little feisty "Spitz."

Brad & Stacey said...

You are right Neena...they do live down the street from your old house, they are REAL and have names..but the kids didn't actually pose with them! I don't want anyone from PETA complaining that we took advantage of these poor camels!:)

Keith Miller said...

We would love to send you a Christmas card!
Just email me your address to juliamiller@fhi.net

your pictures are wonderful!

Amy Ross said...

I think you should write your whole letter auf Deutsch!!! Seriously, my vote would be do to a whole Highs/Lows themed one... I did one a few years back, "The Best and Worst of 200?" You certainly have had a lot of highs and lows this year! And since that is a daily Hunter activity, it would be perfect!
Whatever you choose, it will be great, I am sure!! I just need to get motivated and get mine under way...When it is done, the first one addressed will be headed to Vienna!
Love you!
Amy