Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving! (A little early)


You can't have a "real" American Thanksgiving without the Publix pilgrims, so they were sure to grace our table as we celebrated our Thanksgiving a little early. We decided to celebrate when our friend, Joanna visited from Budapest.

We ate a whopping turkey breast (marinated in Shannon's mother-in-law's MoJo recipe),
mashed tators, corn, green been casserole, stuffing, corn bread muffins and a chocolate chip/pecan pie for dessert. We did miss the cranberry sauce and sweet
potato casserole...but otherwise we had all the trimmings! It was really fun to share our first Thanksgiving overseas with another American, who also would not get to be with her family.

Before dinner, we watched "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" and during dinner, we continued the tradition of sharing what all of us were thankful for. The line of the night went to Luke, who said oh so sweetly...
"Mom, these mashed potatoes taste different than normal, what did you do different?"

I not so sweetly replied, "They are from scratch...NOT from a container in the refrigerated section of the grocery store."

To that he sweetly said, "I like the other ones better!" Ugh!



A few staples from America


Delicious!



We were surprised by how informative "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" was. It actually gave the entire history of Thanksgiving!


Trying to get the timer to work...with all of us in the shot!


Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Amy Ross said...

Your pie looks YUMM0-O! I think i am going to make it for Thanksgiving too!! Your table looks festive and I am sure that everything was delicious! I was praying for you this weekend and will do on Turkey-day too (and everday for that matter!). Maybe we can chat later this week!

Kim said...

I don't think I have that pie recipe! That looks really good. The market looks like fun! love,kim

melissa said...

Hey Stacey - wanted to tell you that when you need a "from scratch" recipe for corn muffins, let me know...we've found one that works well here. :) Your festivities look great - glad you were able to enjoy!

Joe and Amy said...

Oh how fun!! We are going to do a Thanksgiving here too. I am thankful that I am not buying the turkey this year b/c here a 7 lb. turkey is almost $60! yikes!
I am glad you guys got to celebrate with Joanna, I bet that was great. We have been thinking of you a lot and are so thankful for your prayers. You all are in our prayers too...expecially the kids!

Joanna said...

you forgot to mention how joanna centric those comment were about being thankful :-) hehe. Thanks for a wonderful weekend I had a blast!

Rebecca said...

Ooo, I love it! :) Looks like a great time!

Thanks so much for stopping by! :) I can hardly believe I'm finally at 50%! And I loved that article, too! I thought it did a great job of explaining how to pray for us all. Things that I hadn't even really thought about. :)

Sending love from Lancaster!!
R xx

Shannon said...

Happy Thanksgiving Hunters! We miss you. Coleman keeps telling me that he can run faster than Luke - just wanted to let you know. He also told me he's 8. He dreams big, I guess! We walked by your old RV home today (haha, that sounds funny, doesn't it?) and thought of you and wondered how your day was. It looks like you had a great feast over the weekend, and I hope today was nice for you as well. We love you tons!!! Love, the Smiths