Thursday, December 13, 2007

Demütigungserfahrungsbericht

I'm not sure if that's a real word, but it describes what this post is about. It means, read backwards to forwards, a "report on the experience of being humbled". That's a good way to describe my exam yesterday. At the end of the mere forty-five minutes allotted for this exam, I had 4 questions out of 14 (short answer, mini-essay questions) left unanswered, and I alone was left in the room. I scribbled something down for one of them which the professor said looked ok, and then the prof went on to ask me the last three questions orally, and graciously accepted my weak answers on two of them. I'm unsure of when we'll find out our grades, but my hope for now is ANY passing grade. Expectations have to be adjusted in such situations!

Thank you to all who prayed for me. Evidently God knew that I needed an "experience of being humbled" more than I needed a gold star.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds hard, Brad. Good for you in giving it your best shot and accepting come what may. A gold star for humility and expectations rearranged!