Friday, December 14, 2007

This is what it is supposed to feel like...



My kitchen is warm from baking. Christmas music is playing. I look outside my window and big flakes of snow are falling slowly to the ground. My hollyberry candle is burning.

After spending many of our last 10 Christmases in Florida, I now remember why I like winter. Yes, it's cold...but also very beautiful. Ask me how I'm doing in February.

Here are a few things I am working on for our Christmas party tomorrow night...
Sugar cookies...mix compliments of the Cates Family!:) Thanks!


Toffee Caramel Squares (you can find the recipe here)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yummy, yummy. can i come, too? guess i'll have to wait 20 days!
love you all, neena

Kim said...

It all looks so yummy! Glad you got the package. love ,kim

Joe and Amy said...

So pretty! I know what you mean about what Christmas is supposed to feel like. It is hot and rainy here, all of our decorations are on our crate, and there was no Thanksgiving to kick this whole season off! We don't feel like it's Christmas at all. I hope your party is great. It looks like there are lots of yummy foods!

Unknown said...

I hope it goes well! Good food, good ambiance, good host & hostess lovin' on people. Sounds like a good party to me...

Amy Ross said...

I've been praying for you on and off today... more on than off :) Can't wait to hear all about your party... just wish we were on the invite list :) yes, we'd have flown over for it!!!! Oh, wait, we don't have passports yet...oh well.
Can't wait to skype this week!