Monday, September 15, 2008

Advanced technology...


Abby has already surpassed me in her German speaking ability...and now she will probably soon surpass me in the ability to type. They are learning this in the 2nd grade! Pretty amazing if you ask me.

Click on the photos and enlarge them, and you can see that they painted her fingernails to match the colors on the keyboard...and then put pictures on the keys to help them remember the letters. Too cute. She has already been practicing and when I put my hands on the keyboard to show her what I could do she said "Mom, you need to curl your fingers a little more!" Ugh.

5 comments:

domandkat said...

Gotta love the matching fingernail polish!

Strouthion said...

I'm glad we didn't learn that way in high school typing class (yes, high school is when WE learned to type way back in the 1980's... on a TYPEWRITER). The fingernail polish would have been a little embarrassing for us guys.

Unknown said...

Yeh, how 'bout the NONelectric typewriters in the '50s?

The Woottons said...

I think that's very clever.

Shannon said...

No WONDER I never learned to type - It's all in the polish!!! Go Abby go!