Thursday, September 25, 2008

Psalm 91

During each of my pregnancies, Brad and I chose a Psalm for each of our children. We wanted to be able to share with them God's faithfulness and hoped that this would serve as a reminder. For Luke, Abby and Levi, we put together photos collages along with the meaning of their name, where it was found in the Bible and the Psalm that we had prayed for them even before we first held them in our arms.

Since moving to Vienna, we have hung each of them in their bedrooms so they can look at them often, again to serve as a reminder of God's faithfulness in their lives.

Last night as I was praying for Luke (as he is still on his class trip) I was using the book, Praying the Scriptures for your Children. I turned to the chapter on "praying for physical health and safety" and of course felt God revealing his faithfulness to me as I read a portion of Psalm 91...the Psalm we had chosen for Luke. It was a sweet reminder of His protection and love for our son. Even greater than my own love for him. Today I am rejoicing in His faithfulness in both of our lives.

2 comments:

Amy Ross said...

I use my book often to pray for my boys too.

We are praying for Luke...and YOU! We can't wait to hear all about his trip!

Mary Porter said...

I'm praying my Luke! He rocks my world!
I can't wait to hear how his week was. :)