Sunday, September 21, 2008

A big week for Luke!

Why is Luke packing a suitcase, you might ask?

He is going on "Schullandwoche" a 5-day class trip to Appelhof in the province of Styria, Austria. Most 4th grade classes in Austria go on such a trip together, as next year they move up to the Austrian equivalent of Middle School.

Heading 4 hours away by bus without us is a pretty huge step for Luke, and he is both nervous and excited...bouncing off the walls would be an apt description. To ease his fears, we told him we'd call on all of our prayer supporters to pray for him this week.

Would you join us in prayer for Luke?
Pray for safety, that he wouldn't struggle with too much homesickness and for good bonds of friendship.

THANKS!

6 comments:

Jeanne Damoff said...

I will definitely pray--for him and for you!

Love, Jeanne

Joe and Amy said...

Wow, what an exciting week! We will be praying for him for sure! Hope you have so much fun Luke!

Amy Ross said...

We will be praying for him...and YOU! I can't believe how fast he is growing... I remember one of the first times I was at your house in Florida and he took us into his firetruck room to show us his binkies!! Now he is a world-traveler!
Let's try to talk sometime this week!

domandkat said...

I prayed for Luke ... and then I looked at the website! Oh my! I think I better pray that he'll want to come home! and then go to school! That looks like a place no kid would want to leave - just have their parents come too!

Unknown said...

Wow - that looks SO cool... Can Dan & I come too? :)

Rachel said...

Praying for Luke and for you too! ope he has a good week and does not miss you all too much. Praying that you have peace while he is away.
Hugs and Prayers
Rachel Lenda