Saturday, February 23, 2008

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day....

So, I made this Almond Puff loaf...in my feeble opinion it was just ok. Don't get me wrong, we managed to still eat one loaf in a single sitting, but I didn't think it lived up to it's claim of "If I had to take one recipe with me on a dessert island". (yes Neena, I think it was a play on words):)

Anyway, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Many times we even eat if for dinner. Tomorrow we are starting our Sunday with Baked Orange French Toast, taken from the Celebrate Life cookbook, put out by Hope Pregnancy Centers of Broward.

4 eggs
2/3 c. orange juice
1/3c. milk
1/4c. sugar
1/2tsp. vanilla
1/4tsp. nutmeg
1/4tsp. cinnamon
8 slices of Italian or French bread sliced 1/2 inch thick
1/4c. butter
1/2c. chopped pecans

Beat together eggs, juice, milk, sugar,vanilla,nutmeg and cinnamon. Arrange bread in a single layer and top with egg mixture. Refrigerate overnight. In am, put a few pats of butter over the bread and bake for 20 min. at 350. Sprinkle with pecans and bake 10 minutes more.

Best part...Orange syrup
1/2c. sugar
1/2c. butter
1c. orange juice mixed with 2 tsps. of cornstarch

combine and cook over low heat...do not boil. Serve with warm french toast!

From the looks of it, I am not the only one who enjoys a good breakfast...check this out!
Next Sunday I think I'm gonna try this!

3 comments:

tam.my said...

stacey, honestly you have to stop putting that links on your blog. it' drives me crazy to look at all the yummie stuff. all I can eat here is cereals for bf. fruit for lunch and salat with chicken/fish for dinner. hug tammy

Unknown said...

Yummy, yummy. But that "check it out" part must be from a skinny, healthy person!
And Theresa's info: Freeman's is where I got the grandkids' luggage.
;o)

domandkat said...

My kitchen is under renovation and you put those yummy pictures there to inspire me, but now I'm full of inspiration with nothing to do but wait for my kitchen to be finished! I'm gonna be baking up some tasty treats if you keep this up!