Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mittwoch...






Are you feeling over the hump yet?  Mittwoch means Wednesday for those of you who are non-German speakers.  Actually, I still qualify as a non-German speaker!  Ha!  Anyway, I told you that I would post some shots of the "mundane" of our lives here in Wien.  This is the building that I attend German classes in on Mondays and Wednesdays.  My teacher keeps it pretty light and we have a lot of fun!  I still am understanding way more than I can speak...but I feel like I am progressing.  Below is a statue that is in the courtyard of several University buildings.  I'm sure he is important, but I never have taken the time to stop and figure out who it is...unfortunately I am always running to late.

A new word that I learned today is schnarchen...any guesses as to what that could mean?  No cheating!

Well, blogger won't let me post any more photos for the time being, so I am off to the park with my neighbor to practice my (not so good) German!  

**Answer**
to snore!  

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nope, haven't looked up "schnarchen" yet.
However, FYI, the net shows that Dr. Theodor Billroth performed the 1st laryngectomy in 1873.
Love, Neena

Unknown said...

A German Snork is a Schnarchen?

Alisha said...

Hey, that's where I attend German classes as well! Brian and I start back up on Monday (we're on semester break this month), so maybe we'll see you around sometime.

domandkat said...

Well, snarky at our house means you're being sarcastic, so that's my guess...

K@

tam.my said...

what's with me? Can I guess too? If yes, then I know what it is and I didn't cheat! I'm happy that there is no "schnarcher" arround me at this time. at home I have a lot of them. my cat does it, my dog did it, my brother do it too and my dad had a OP so he shouldn't do it anymore. but it didn't worked out so it sounds like an orchestra in our house. good night

Brad & Stacey said...

Stacey claims I'm a gifted Scharcher, but I deny it.

Elisabeth said...

I'm guessing .... someone who "toots a lot"