Thursday, June 12, 2008

Klavier Spielen


Abby had her first piano (Klavier) lesson yesterday! From what I understood, she did very well.

See, the woman who gave her the lesson lives in our building and until yesterday, Brad had been communicating with her. I asked him several times if she spoke English and he kept telling me, "I'm sure she does!". When we met yesterday for the lesson (she comes to our flat) she immediately started talking to me as if I knew German (Ha!) so I asked her if she knew English...her response...Nope.

Anyway, we all survived, with another lesson planned for next week. Most importantly, Abby loved her teacher, understood her and had fun learning a new song! Bravo Abby!

3 comments:

Kim said...

way to go Abber! love,kim

Marla and Rob said...

Yea Abby!! I took piano lessons for almost 10 years. I'm not great (especially since I haven't played since I quit lessons), but it definitely gave me a firm foundation on reading music, which has been very helpful, sometimes when I've least expected it:). BTY, Stac, we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary yesterday with Gene's Ice Cream. I had an Almond Joy Avalanche in honor of you!! Yummy!! Love and kisses to the little piano player(and everyone else,too)!!

Amy Ross said...

Oh, how sweet... although we've had no formal lessons or anything, our boys are LOVING our new piano...Maybe loving it too much for my ears :)