Friday, October 26, 2007

Always an adventure...

I feel like we may have to change the title of our blog to "Always an adventure". There never seems to be a dull day in the Hunter house, and yesterday was no exception. Our neighbor Gritt was to be picking Levi up from school and bringing him home because I needed to stay home with Abby, who was still recovering from a stomach bug. I was a little surprised when I answered the door and Gritt was there all by herself. She proceeded to tell me that Levi had fallen and cut his forehead and there was lots of blood and could I come with her...a little wave of panic came over me. Once I got to the school, (which fortunately is just right across the street) I knew with one look he would be needing stitches.

Thankfully Brad had just finished his class and was on his way home with Abel and Misha, who offered to watch Abby, Luke was being picked up and brought home by Alice's mom, and Gritt was insisting she go with us to the hospital and wait while Levi received the treatment he needed. So off we went . The hospital was no Joe DiMaggio, but we received prompt care at an amazingly inexpensive price! They cleaned Levi up, put in one stitch and bandaged him right up! He looked like he was all ready for Halloween! And once again we were able to feel God's hand of protection over our family in providing for all of our needs abundantly!

Here he is proudly showing off the results of yet another adventure!

5 comments:

The Crazy Lady said...

Stacey~ WOW!! You always have such a positive way at looking at things!!! We'll be praying for a speedy recovery!

Joe and Amy said...

What a crazy day. It is so awesome to hear that after less than six months you have so much of a support system with your friends and neighbors! God is protecting you, but the love you have shown others is obviously making a difference in their lives. Look at how many people were able and willing to help you cover when you needed help! I will pray that God continues to send friends to you!

Amy Ross said...

Oh, I just want to kiss that cute little face!!
The boys have been praying for Levi every chance they get.
I hope that your weekend is calm and without any crazy adventures! Hope movie night was fun...
Love,
Amy

Elisabeth said...

Tell Levi that we are all praying for him... and you!

Unknown said...

No way will I look at the "real wound" on MeMoo's email! I'll settle for the Frankenstein look.