Monday, October 29, 2007

Recuperating from the adventures...

After Abby's stomach virus, Levi's trip to the ER and having to say goodbye to Abel and Misha, we decided to lay low this weekend and recuperate. It was the perfect weekend to rest, as we gained an extra hour of sleep with the time change! How great is that!

Amidst the resting, the kids somehow convinced me to make sugar cookies. I applaud those moms who enjoy making sugar cookies from scratch with their kids, but this weekend I was wanting the tube o'dough from Pillsbury. Anyway, we got lots of rest and the kids were happy to eat their "sweets"! (which is how the Austrians say it)



This is the main reason why I don't particularly like making sugar cookies...the MESS!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sugar cookies-yum-o! Low key sounds good to me. Miss you guys! Matt really enjoyed talking to Brad on Friday, and Mack had a big smile on her face after talking to Abby. love, kim

Alisha said...

I'm making sugar cookies tonight for a Halloween party tomorrow. But I opted for round sugar cookies to avoid the mess. I'm going to add orange icing and let the kids use black icing to make a jack-o-lantern face. Pumpkins are round, right? I hope the kids go for it.

Johnny said...

Brad - been trying to contact you through blog. nice to see things are starting to fit into place. dont have your email and would like to call you. please respond either by email or phone john.fish@aurora.org or 414 218-4796. maija and i are now happily married. your friend, johnny