Monday, October 22, 2007

That time of year again...

Is it that time of year again? You know...Girl Scout cookie time? Living overseas now, I already can't remember when a lot of things are, but I was reading a magazine this weekend and it ranked the Girl Scout selection from healthiest to least healthy. Before I get to the list, let me just dream about how I used to eat my favorite...the Thin Mint (really is there any other?)

I usually would be the one the girl sitting at the make shift table in front of the grocery store would make eye contact with. Plus my own rugrats would run up to the table begging for "COOKIES"! I would get 1 box of Samoas, 1 box of the Tagalongs and then 3 or 4 of the Thin Mints. As soon as I would get home, I would take the Thin Mints out of the box and immediately put them in the freezer. I don't know what it is about a Thin Mint from the freezer, but it is extra minty, extra crunchy and extra yummy! Once frozen, I would proceed to chow about 5 (this would be before dinner). Then after dinner, I would take about 4-5 more and delicately crush them and put over vanilla ice cream. Oh WOW! Nothing like it! This would go on for a few days straight, then I would have a few Samoas, then it was back to the Thin Mints from the freezer. Now you can see why I bought way more Thin Mints than any other kind! So here's the list...let me know what your favorite Girl Scout cookie is!

1.Cafe' Cookies
2.Trefoils
3.Little Brownies
4.Thin Mints :)
5.Do-Si-Dos
6.Tagalongs
7.All Abouts
8.Thanks-A-Lot
9.Lemonades
10.Samoas
Ranked by Laura Otolski,registered dietitian

4 comments:

Alisha said...

My cookie purchase used to look very similar -- Tagalongs, Thin Mints and Samoas (for Brian - I don't like these). Tagalongs are my favorite, but you get so few in a box! Oh, and sticking the Thin Mints in the freezer definitely makes them better.

Shannon said...

THIN MINTS ARE #1!!!!!!! I've never heard of some of those other ones... guess I'll have to check them out when we get back home (tomorrow night - boo!) Funny, I generally don't like things frozen, but thin mints are the one exception. Soo yummy. Samoas are my second favorites. Oh, and I don't know where you get the restraint, cause I've usually eaten at least one sleeve by the time I get back in the car!!! :) SSS

Unknown said...

Yeh, Stacey. Are you using "new math"? ha, ha.
Anyway, to the question. SAMOAS... and, then, Thin Mints. I'm really waiting for ones that reverse the "spare tire"! Sorry... getting slap happy 'cause you guys are only 73 days away. So glad you installed iCHAT and a phone.
Love, Neena

The Crazy Lady said...

Thin Mints and I used to love peanut butter patties, but I guess they don't sell those anymore!
Oh, I am now craving some frozen Thin mints!!!!