Monday, May 12, 2008

A Great Mother's Day!

My Mother's Day began early on Saturday when our neighbor brought over this yummy strawberry torte...and only got better when I started my Sunday with a delicious breakfast "fit for a queen" and the arrival of our friend Joanna, who came in from Budapest for a few days.

My special gift was a rose bush for our terrace.
We spent our day in the town of Laxenburg at a castle.  We packed a picnic lunch and spent the afternoon relaxing with our friends, Thomas, Gianna, Alice and Christopher and Joanna of course.  I will post more from our time there on Friday, as it definitely is a new family favorite.


We went to evening worship at the church we are currently attending here and then ended the day with s'mores!  Here is our neighbor Alfred eating his first s'more EVER!!!  His life is forever changed thanks to the Hunters!:)

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a great weekend! love,Kim

Marla and Rob said...

So glad you had a wonderful mother's day!! you deserve it! Mine was wonderful, also. 2 dozen roses were the highlight, and babies who napped for 2 1/2 hrs topped it off !! Think of you often, tell all hello.

Love, Marla:)

Shannon said...

Glad to see you're spreading the American culture around with the s'mores!! Yummy!

Happy Mom's Day to one of the best moms I know. Love you, Shan

PS I always crack up at the word verifications to leave a comment, but this one is killing me so I had to share. It's: zikunna. Hahahaha!