Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The switch has turned on...

It is like a switch has been turned on and suddenly our kids are speaking sentences in German! They are also reading entire books in German to us! It is amazing to think that 10 months ago they knew a few words, songs, colors and numbers...but now they are able to communicate and even translate for mom!
I wish the switch would turn on for me...my vocabulary continues to grow, but my ability to communicate remains quite limited...to say the least! So our family has devised a plan to "help mom"! It is called "Deutsch at Dinner". We are trying to only speak German, except when mom needs help with her sentence structure!:) We'll have to keep you posted on the results!

I need help in another area too...
As the kids learn more and more German, I feel like their spelling and reading skills in English need work as well. This summer we will be working on their spelling and reading, and I was wondering if any of my teacher friends out there could provide me with some good recommendations for websites or just reading lists that you have found helpful. I would really appreciate it! Danke!

No comments: