Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Heavy Heart...

I wrote on my Facebook status that I had a "heavy heart" and many of you have written to check on me...well, our family is doing fine.

My heart is actually heavy for another family who was just given the news that their wife's cancer has spread. This is a wife, a mom, a grandmother and friend. I hate cancer...I hate that this world is broken and that there is so much suffering and sadness. I am more and more longing for complete restoration in heaven and also more and more thankful for the work of Jesus on the Cross.

I started reading "Restoring Broken Things", by Steven Curtis Chapman and Scotty Smith in February after our team leader's retreat. It was there that I heard Scotty speak on how God is in fact "making all things new" Revelation 21:5. Life sort of got in the way, and I never finished the book. Since hearing of the death of Steven's daughter, I have picked up the book again. I highly recommend it for anyone who is struggling with any sort of brokenness...which if we are honest is all of us.

So my heart is heavy. Heavy for my friend with cancer, heavy for the Chapman family who lost their five year old daughter in a tragic accident and heavy for many in this city that are far away from the God I love.

P.S.  If you get a chance, please listen to the sermon that Scotty Smith preached the Sunday after Maria Chapman was buried.  It is powerful.

1 comment:

tam.my said...

stacey we feel with you. we will pray for those family! and also for your work in vienna where you try to put the city closer to god. hug