Monday, January 14, 2008

Back to Reality

It was very hard to get out of bed this morning when the alarm when off at 6am. It was cold and dark and my bed was awfully warm! We have had nothing but fun for almost 3 weeks now, so getting back to reality really is a struggle! All of the kids went back to school and I started another round of German. This time I am attending the University of Vienna. Brad spent the day studying for another final that he has tomorrow. Pray for him and the rest of us as we begin to descend into the valley, after several mountaintop experiences!

Tabea , Luke and Memoo at Hort (aftercare) today.


Here is Levi waving goodbye from his classroom window!


We also had the sad reality of having to take our Christmas decorations down. Here is Memoo cramming our tree into our elevator after she and Neena packed up all of our ornaments! In Vienna you take (or drag rather) the tree to a drop off site. Many of those sites are located outside of churches. Unfortunately my mom didn't see the drop off at the church right across the street from our house, and instead dragged it 4 blocks down the street to another site!

6 comments:

Amy Ross said...

Reality hits hard, doesn't it?? Yikes.. I love the picture of Levi. Man, I miss that sweet little boy. Couldn't you just put him in one of your mom's bags and send him back here for a while? I promise to take good care of him!!! If only it were so easy...
Hopefully we can catch up soon!?

Unknown said...

Your mom walked my tail off at Beech Mountain, so I have no doubt she dragged a tree 4 blocks!

I hope your class gets off to a good start. Look forward to catching up again!

tam.my said...

I just want to say thanks again. a big hug to the hole hunter family from hawaii. love

Dwayne and Kara Goldman said...

Hello Hunter family!
We can full on relate to that hard snap back to reality after the extended holidays. We had a good three weeks and this week back to language and homeschool has been rough. Plus it is dark until like 9:30- nothing like having a couple hours of dark when you wake up! We are glad to see you doing well and having visits and getting settled. Does your family rub it in about the warm FL temps, too? :) Of course, here it has been in the -20's (F) for a couple weeks now which makes sunny FL sound really good!
Hang in there-
love and prayers,
The Goldman Family

Joe and Amy said...

Praying for you guys as you are now at the 6 month point and real life is setting back in. So glad that you guys were able to have the glam grams with you over the holidays!

Shannon said...

She's a full-service granny, haha!

Stace you can BALL to me anytime! I won't rag on you like SOME people we know :)

Happy Belated Birthday to you.

Love, Shan