Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mittersill, Austria


I lift my eyes up...to the mountains
where does my help come from...
my help comes from you, maker
of heaven...creator of the earth.
Oh how I need you Lord
you are my only hope...
you're my only prayer...
so I will wait for you to come
and rescue me...

This song would ring in my ears as I would look out and see mountains surrounding me.
Schloss Mittersill was the meeting place for the World Harvest team leaders retreat, and it was absolutely beautiful! Daily we would worship, pray, fellowship and study team building together. We also took time to play together! (Click here if you want to see more photos.)



The Glam Grams came with us, and were able to meet so many of the people they had heard about! They were also a great help with the children. Luke, Abby and Levi ran freely around the castle making all sorts of new friends. It was a wonderful time of encouragement and refreshment.

5 comments:

Kim said...

That is so beautiful!!! Ok. I am now officially too excited to wait until March to get there and see you guys!! I have been excited all along but wanted to contain myself until after Christmas. And that time is NOW!!! Can't wait to hear about your time with the GG's. love, kim

Lori said...

Hello! Ah Love the photos! I visited Schloss Mittersill Nov. 05 when the leaves at their peak. What fun to see the winter landscapes and all you guys enjoying some sledding! Yippee! The flowers are still blooming in Tokyo - but perhaps soon it will be cold enough to snow!

Joanna said...

Yeah for Leader's Retreat!! I saw way too many familiar faces for not being a WHM'er :-)

Liz Kimberlin.. well at least that was her name when I was in highschool was my youth leader!! Crazy!! And I saw the Hall's too!!

I love you guys!!
Jkf

The Crazy Lady said...

I am so glad it has been a wonderful time for ya'll! It's funny...when I pulled up the blog, we have been reading that same verse from Psalm holding onto it like a life-line!
Have a great week!

Brad & Stacey said...

Did anyone notice that the lens makes me (Brad) look 3 times as large as anyone, and my head larger than a globe? Please don't answer...and yes, it's the lens.