Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ready or not, here we come...


Check-list for the Ball...

* Long Dress (found a black one in my closet that is do-able)

* Fancy enough jacket to keep my arms warm and not scream "You don't belong here!"
(found one for 29 Euros) Yippee!

* A "Smoking" which is actually a tux (Brad happened to keep his from our wedding, complete with expandable pants, but not quite "pregnancy pants")

* Babysitter to spend the night! (Dali gladly offered)

* Practiced the Waltz (even if it was with Abby, Brad still practiced)

* Nap, since we won't get home until after 3 am. (We have drugged our children and will plan to sleep for a few hours this afternoon.) Just Kidding!

*
Small camera that fits in very small purse (charged and ready to shoot like the paparazzi)

*
Lots of anti-perspirant to keep me from sweating like a pig when my nerves go into overdrive (shipped in bulk from America)

*
Leave wristwatch at home! (Tamara "Tammy" says it's is a bit cultural faux-pas to wear one.)

Well, that is all I can think of...so ready or not, here we come!

5 comments:

Strouthion said...

I love reading your blog updates... You probably didn't even know I was reading them, huh? HA! I ran into your blog a couple of months ago... it was funny when it happened... I stared and though, "I think I know them." It's been cool to keep up with the two of you. Laurie already knew about your blog but she hadn't told me. It's strange to see the Dossett's at church all the time now, but enjoying getting to know them better. Eastview is doing well... over 4000 last Sunday (WOW!!). God's doing awesome things there. Check our blog at http://strouthion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

When I first looked at the top photo (without my glasses), I thought it was Matt & Kenzie!!! But they won't be there 'til March (with MeMoo who's counting the days again of course).
Can't wait to see the BALL photos!
Love you much, Neena

Rachel said...

How exciting and I am sure nerve wracking, enjoy this wonderful experience, can't wait to hear more about it.

We have been enjoying keeping up with you through your blog. We love all of the pictures of the beautiful sites and of course your beautiful kiddos too.

Praying for you guys.
Mike, Rachel, Rose and Pearl.

PS Rose says to tell Abby hi!

domandkat said...

Can hardly wait to see the photos and get the blow by blow (without the times of course). Speed on Sunday or Monday - whenever you wake up ;-)

Kathryn

Amy Ross said...

Hope your night was "magical!" It's ten my time...I wonder if you two are home yet??!!! You crazy kids, you!