Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Favorites-Best and Worst Gifts

This week my friend Amy planned the Friday Favorite and she chose Best and Worst gift ever received.  I am never good at remembering these sorts of things, but my best gift is pretty easy.

For my 29th Birthday, Brad surprised me and took me to an island in the Bahamas called, Cat Island. It was absolutely beautiful and totally relaxing and a TOTAL surprise.  Really the best gift ever!
Here we are at the resort we stayed at looking all young and in love and refreshed from our time away with the kiddos. (We only had 2 at that time)

Well, my worst gift is kind of funny and now as an adult I really appreciate them!  Every year, my mom would fill our stockings with an orange at the toe of the stocking and then the rest would be filled with toiletries...which translated to a new toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant and LOTS OF FEMININE PRODUCTS! (also known as tampons)  (my mom is laughing hysterically as she reads this and yet is probably mortified that I am sharing this family secret) :)

But hey, while we are sharing secrets...now when my mom sends me packages to Austria she uses Tampons for packing material! (Kept in the packaging of course)  Yep, who knew there could be an alternative use!  So when I open a box filled with hot chocolate packets, mac and cheese and cake mixes...they are all nicely buffered by some good ol' tampons as they travel.

We were also supposed to add what we would like for Christmas this year...I of course think the best gift would be to spend the Holidays with all of our family in the States, but since that is not going to happen, I may just have to ask Santa for a new iPod.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Good ole' Tampax! I love these Friday Favorites. Have a great weekend! love, Kim

domandkat said...

I love it! What a terrific idea and funny too! So do the kids use them as pop guns or do you carefully stow them away???

mccaigs5 said...

I'm cracking up right now. That is so funny!

Amy Ross said...

Yeah, so my kids would be asking a million questions about the tampons...What do you tell them they are??? I'm sure they came right from your mom's bra!! Ha!
Have a great weekend! And, I hope you get your Ipod! I want another one too, since mine got washed.

Shannon said...

What's an ipod again???

Mary Porter said...

Shame on you! Aaaahhhhhhh! Family memories... we DID (and still are) putting the FUN in dysFUNctional!
Yes, Amy, Abby wants t-shirts like mine (With pockets on the inside!). You wouldn't believe the things I've found and lost in there! ;)
Stacey, by the way...there will NOT be an iPod for you in your stocking this year!
I LOVE YOU! :)