Monday, October 06, 2008

Orchard Outing...

One of Abby's classmates had a birthday party at an orchard on Saturday.  It was about an hour outside of the city in a small, cute little village.  We had a chance to take a tractor ride through the orchard, pick apples and then press some apple juice.  

Once the farmer figured out I was an American, he asked where I was from in the States...I told him Florida and his eyes lit up.  He then asked me from where specifically...I of course said Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, because no one ever knows where Hollywood is.  He then said with a smile, "Do you know where Hollywood is?"  I had to laugh.  He then proceeded to tell me that he and his wife go to Hollywood every year and stay in a place on Sheridan Street and that they love to go dancing at the Hollywood Beach bandshell!

What a small world!:)  

Here is the birthday girl..Conny


Here is Abby and a classmate getting on the tractor ride



Here is the happy farmer that goes to Hollywood every year!


Abby is filling her cup with the BEST apple juice I have ever tasted!



6 comments:

melissa said...

I would LOVE to know where this orchard is - every fall I yearn for the "cider mill" experiences that I knew as a child!

Kim said...

That is crazy!!! It really is a small world. Your family picture is gorgeous! Miss you guys-love,kim

Amy Ross said...

Those Austrians sure have fun parties! What a great idea! Hope you are enjoying your Fall :)

Unknown said...

Cider stuff is so inviting! And just 2 days ago I was thinkin' o' goin' back to the Hollywood Beach bandshell w/MeMoo to see the "old folks" dance. Funnier than you can imagine. ;o}

Shannon said...

Yay for pics. It looks like so much fun!

It was great talking to you yesterday. It was my "high" at dinner last night :) And today RoRo told Dede all about how she pooped in Levi's bathtub!

stheis said...

Bernhardt is the smiling farmer! He was my host father in Austria when I was an exchange student in high school - he just forwarded me this link. They are the kindest family, and so full of laughter! The little town they live in is call Hausleiten, and it is the Grundschober familie. It is such a small world!! Best wishes,
Sara