Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Panda love going a bit too far?

Austrians love their pandas...especially Fu Long.
This was the first baby panda born in Europe since 1982. And really, what is not to love.  A few weekends ago we went to Lange Nacht Der Museen, and started out at the chocolate museum and found this tribute

Then last weekend Abby was invited to a birthday party at the Wien Tiergarten.
We got to hear all about the pandas from the guide and were even shown this...
Any guesses?  Below is a picture of Abby contemplating whether or not she really wants to hold it.  For the record...she did!;)
p.s. my photo of the panda above is not Fu Long...it is a relative:)

**updated**
many of you contacted me via e-mail, as you were a little shy to say "panda poo" on the blog! You were right...but it at least was perserved in some wax that smelled like honey.  That makes it better right?

2 comments:

Alisha said...

When I read the title I thought perhaps you also took a photo of this sign: Pandas in love. I couldn't resist the lovestruck look on the panda's face.

I have a guess at what the guide might be holding, but I'm not going to say.

Marla and Rob said...

Looks a little like panda poo!!! Oh, please say it's not true!! Love to all, Marla:)